Remote Pilot Operator – Miami, Fla.
FAA Controller Training Solutions (CTS) Contract
Location: Miami ATCT (MIA), Miami, Fla.
Position Type: One full-time position (40 hours per week)
The RPO operates a display, keyboard, and Voice Communication System (VCS) to simulate the actions and communication of pilots and remote ATC facilities during training exercises. RPOs receive voice commands from students, input proper entries into the automated system to simulate pilot actions, translate displayed information into appropriate ATC terminology, and respond to the student via the VCS utilizing proper phraseology.
Candidates for this position must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of experience in a comparable position.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate minimum keyboard speed of forty words per minute with 90 percent accuracy; possess an ability to read and interpret materials, such as diagrams and manuals; and have the ability to speak clearly and be understood.
- U.S. Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Effective team functioning skills
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Basic familiarity with current technological tools (tablets, notebooks, applications, etc.)
- The candidate will be required to complete the following certifications: Classroom (pass test on airspace and procedures) and Lab (perform as an RPO on all positions).
- Upon successful completion of the knowledge tests, the RPO will begin training for the skills tests.
- The RPO shall achieve simulation laboratory certification within 120 days of reporting for duty at the facility.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Roger Jolley at email@example.com or call 405-245-8346.
WCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer